The 2021 Kansas YOUTH ART MONTH Exhibit and Celebration is going VIRTUAL this year!!
And, it is super easy to submit your student artwork!! Guidelines EVERY art teacher (members and non-members) in the state may be represented by ONE piece of student artwork from every school they teach at. For example: if you have two elementary schools, you may enter one piece of artwork from each school. Or if you are a K-12 teacher, you can enter one piece of artwork from each level that you teach (one elementary, one middle, and one high school piece).
Artwork must be completed by students enrolled in grades K-12 in the 2020-21 school year. All artwork must be original. Artwork can be either 2-Dimensional or 3-Dimensional. (3-Dimensional works can be represented in up to 3 images to show different views, if necessary) Entries will be accepted from February 1st through February 28th.
You will need THREE documents for submission--Send all as attachments:
- Good quality image of student artwork
- Excel Information Document https://drive.google.com/file/d/1utGsBa6HEaTzEvQK__Gobu2OIXaoeYTb/view?usp=sharing (Open with Google Sheets and go to file, make a copy to make editable)
- Image of Student Artist Statement. https://drive.google.com/file/d/199TriuHj_5uyGzmxqDLMnQAySI4DOZyz/view?usp=sharing (Open with Google Sheets and go to file, make a copy to make editable)
All submissions must be sent to email@example.com If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail, assume that your submission has not been received and you should follow up to confirm.
Parent Permission Form--This is needed, but keep this documents for your records! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ViBEZOB_8CADYc6XxKIzEQZXwWtqhTpb/view?usp=sharing
BLICK Youth Art Month Art Competition
If you are an Active KAEA/NAEA member; your student’s YAM exhibit piece will be automatically entered into the BLICK YAM Art Competition! Make sure to note on the excel submission document that you are a current member. If you join or renew in February, you will be considered an active member!! Mark "yes" on your excel form and your membership will be verified.
The Art Competition will be entered and judged DIGITALLY. Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 3 Honorable Mentions at all 3 levels. BLICK Art Materials, KAEA and other sponsors generously will provide prizes to the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place students and their art instructors AND will provide a $1000 check to the “Best of Show” student.
Artwork will be judged on the following criteria: Creativity, Craftsmanship, Artistic Merit, Presentation, and Artist’s Statement
Teachers will be notified if the judges have designated their student’s artwork for recognition. This will give the teacher time to personally invite the student and their family to attend the Virtual YAM Celebration where their student will be recognized for their accomplishments and the specific awards will be announced at that time.
The Celebration will be held Saturday, March 27th from 1-2:30 and links will be provided closer to the event.
Documents that you may want to use:
- Parent Letter You might want to consider sending a letter home to notify the parents of the student(s) that you have chosen to represent your school in the YAM Exhibit.
- English Version https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ugveOqadzHLt7L8AIlocb5JvjQ59vd4U/view?usp=sharing
- Spanish Version https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YNEuoVTbYwN8j9IhQDl2lhdbk0XqbBLH/view?usp=sharing
- Local Mayor Youth Art Month Proclamation Form Have the Mayor of your town fill out a Youth Art Month Proclamation Form and send a copy to Megan Wendleton at firstname.lastname@example.org for the Youth Art Month Scrapbook. The form can be found at: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1prALlM1I7U7IzD0xDtPfGBccnUG3BgaD/view?usp=sharing
- Sample letter for Administrators and School Board members of your district that you can edit for your own needs can be found at: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GL8CuZ-A_LXz7TiQupOZOCfgmuv6ag5J/view?usp=sharing Consider adding a paragraph that includes the names of participating students.
Questions? Linda Nelson-Bova email@example.com